The Holiday’s can be an exciting and equally stressful time of year. There is always so much to do and never enough hours in the day. . You’re probably looking forward to seeing friends and family but it does leave very little spare time in your calendar for yourself and since you only have a few chances to see everyone you want to look your best every time ;).
In taking care of everyone else you’re probably forgetting to take care of yourself. You might be noticing that you’re feeling a bit under the weather, your skin, hair and lips are drying out and your motivation to get started on that never ending to do list is quickly fading. This is pretty typical during the Holiday’s but it doesn’t have to be!
Try these quick and easy DIY beauty and immune boosting treatments to stay healthy and fabulous during the Holiday’s!
Add Some Ginger to your Life
Ginger has countless health benefits. It’s been widely recognized for it’s healing properties; including stress reduction, anti-inflammatory properties, calming abilities, weight loss and nausea reducing benefits – just to name a few! To keep your immunity up during stressful times, try adding a ginger tea to your daily routine.
Time commitment: 5 mins
- INSTRUCTIONS: Add the desired amount of ginger to boiling water for 5 minutes. Strain out ginger, add lemon and sweeten to taste. Done 🙂
Hydrate as much as possible to avoid having your hair, skin and lips feel like the Sahara – not cool. Try these DIY hydrating treatments to keep you looking fabulous!
Hydrating Lip Treatment
I always notice everyone’s lips. It’s a weird obsession. I don’t know why but it’s always the first thing that stands out on a person (to me, at least). So of course I am going to recommend a lip treatment. When your lips are healthy looking then your face looks fresher.
Time commitment: 8 minutes
- INSTRUCTIONS: Start by exfoliating the lips. Create a simple sugar coconut oil scrub and apply it to your lips. Moving in a circular motion, work then scrub onto your lips. Using a warm damp cloth gently wipe off the scrub. Mix coconut oil and honey together and apply it to your lips before bed. Bonus points, all of this tastes delicious :):).
Hydrating Hair Treatment
The cold, dry air can really suck the life our of your hair. Plus the blow drying, straightening, curling and whatever else we do to our hair is not helping. Healthy looking hair starts with hydration!
Time commitment: 2 minutes
- INSTRUCTIONS: Keep your hair hydrated by putting a dime size amount of coconut oil into damp. Start by working the ends and then move to the roots.
- OPTIONS: If you have oily hair then skip the roots and cut the amount in half. If you have dry hair then double the dose and work the ends really well. Adjust as needed. if you find your hair is getting too oily then switch to every other day and go from there. If your hair is still too dry then try adding a bit to dry hair
Hydrating Face Mask
When your skin dries out you need to fix it up asap! No need to worry, the solution is in your kitchen.
Time commitment: 15 minutes
- INSTRUCTIONS: Grab some yogurt and honey and mix them together. Two parts yogurt to one part honey. If you’re feeling extra dry then add a few drops of coconut oil to the mixture. Whip it up and apply it to your skin. Leave it on for 10 minutes and using a warm damp cloth, wipe it off. Repeat 1-2 times a week as needed.
Bonus points if you are able to take a bubble bath while doing any of these quick DIY wellness tips and tricks.
Enjoy the Holidays with your families and have a
Happy New Year! See you in 2016!