Scenario: It’s Tuesday, you have to walk down the red carpet on Thursday and you have an asteroid size blemish on your face. It’s sitting there like you owe it money. What are you doing to do?
- Try poking at it till it infects the rest of your face.
- Fake your death.
- Pull a Lady Gaga & wear something insane
- Use the Aspirin Face mask.
If you answered 2 or 3 then we should probably be friends but the best option is 4: The aspirin face mask
This face mask works wonders. I tried it one day while in a similar panicky scenario: except replace red carpet with job interview (same diff, right?). I highly recommend it to everyone as long as you are not allergic to aspirin or have a medically condition that does not allow you to take aspirin.
Who can benefit from this?
This face mask is most commonly used to reduce redness on the skin and can be used to treat acne, psoriasis and rosacea.
how ASPIRIN works.
Aspirin is a type of salicylic acid. It is commonly used as an anti-inflammatory, pain killer and blood thinner. When salicylic acid is applied to the skin is acts as a light cosmetic peel. It dissolves the top layer or skin, opens clogged pores that cause black heads and pimples.
Why the honey & yogurt?
Where would the fun be if you don’t cover your face with food? Haha- just kidding. The honey is naturally antibacterial, full of antioxidants and helps open up the pores while also hydrating the skin. Yogurt is loaded with anti-fungal properties which is great for clearing up acne. It also contains lactic acid which is believed to help fight per-mature aging.
What you will need:
1 dollop of honey
5 uncoated aspirins (key: uncoated)
2-3 tablespoons of full fat Greek yogurt
A small container and a small whisk (or fork)
- Crush the uncoated aspirin. I put the pills in a napkin and hit them with a spoon. Once you are done put it aside for now.
- In the container add honey and greek yogurt and whisk until they two become one.
- Add the crushed aspirin to the container to create a grainy paste.
- Apply the mask to your face. Don’t get too close to the eyes. (TIP: If you have discoloration in a particular area, rub the paste there for an extra 10 seconds).
- Leave the mask on for 20 minutes.
- Using a lukewarm towel, gently remove the mask from your face and pat to dry.
Apply the mask every 1-2 weeks depending on your skin’s sensitivity for best results.